Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Manny Pacquiao: Among the Greatest Boxers of All Time?

Manny Pacquiao is undoubtedly the best boxer of current time and the number of pound-for-pound boxer at this moment. Following his recent triumph over Ricky Hatton, the Filipino boxer is now considered, by many, to be one of the greatest boxers of all time. With five world titles in five different weight divisions, Manny Pacquiao has all the qualities, skill and talent to become one of the greatest ever boxer of all time. However, I do not think that the time has come to pick him one of the greatest ever boxers of all time yet.

There is no question regarding his talent, skill, power and determination, but I think, he needs to continue his dominance for few more years to be termed as one of the greatest boxers of all time. I know that some of you may not agree with me on this fact, but still I think that he has not done enough to be among the boxers like Muhammad Ali. However, I believe that he could achieve this distinction by the end of his career if he can consistently dominate in boxing world.

No comments: